Steer your automotive passion into a career with the largest and most awarded dealership group in the Bay of Plenty. We’re looking for people who are committed to driving the future, enjoy working in a strong team environment, and are motivated by on-the-job learning and development.
Join our team of 170.
Since 1991, Farmer Autovillage is family-owned company and is a national award-winning, prominent business in the Bay of Plenty. We have a wide range of career opportunities available from entry-level through to senior management, across our 13 vehicle franchises – Nissan, Audi, Volkswagen, SKODA, Subaru, Jeep, Ram, MG, HAVAL, GWM, SEAT, Cupra and motorhomes. Farmer Autovillage also has opportunities across our group departments including administration, service, parts, trade parts, wheel & tyre centre and paint & wheel repair centre.
Services & Parts
Our total vehicle care services are the pulse of our business and our talented team delivers these services to ensure our customers are completely satisfied when it comes to taking care of their vehicles. There are many career options within these departments including the technician team, service advisor team, parts team, trade parts team, warehousing and vehicle preparation team, grooming team, wheel & tyre centre, paint centre and wheel repair centre, windscreen centre. We continuously support training and apprenticeship programs.
Sales & Finance
Our sales and business manager roles are vital to the award-winning customer service that we are known for. You need to be business and computer savvy and most importantly be a great communicator. Our sales team are passionate and care about the customer experience, these roles also have the exciting benefit of experiencing some of the latest models on the market! At Farmer Autovillage we have 13 international brands, meaning there is plenty of opportunities to grow.
Administration & Customer Relations
With over 300 customers visiting Farmer Autovillage per day, it’s a busy and big place to be. It’s our reception, administration and customer relations team who help to ensure the business runs smoothly. In house, we operate a call centre, administration team and marketing team who all support the group. Many of our team started their journey in one of our reception or in administration roles and have moved to another department to gain even more experience.
Take pole position. Apply today.
Don’t have automotive experience or live outside of Tauranga? No problem, we still want to hear from you, we offer on-the-job training and development and can work with you on your relocation plans. See all our available positions below.
- Trades & Services
- Coromandel – Whitianga
- Permanent / Full Time
Since 1991, Farmer Autovillage is a family run business and one of New Zealand’s most awarded dealer groups. Located at 6 Abrahamson Drive, Whitianga, Farmer Autovillage Coromandel represents Subaru, SEAT, Jeep, Ram, HAVAL and GWM Service & Sales. Joining Farmer Autovillage is a fantastic opportunity to accelerate your career and work in an innovative company that is leading the way in the automotive industry. We are looking for a qualified technician to join our friendly technical team in Whitianga.
- Service, diagnosis and repair.
- Training junior team members.
- Provide daily support to different functions of the business.
- Proactive, energetic team player.
- Reliable & trustworthy.
- A clean Restricted or Full NZ Drivers’ License.
- NZTA VI certificate not required, but would be beneficial.
What we offer
- We are offering you a position with a successful business with great future career potential. Ours is a successful business which is continuing to grow, creating new opportunities every day for our team.
- We offer a very competitive hourly rate.
- Uniform/PPE is provided.
- Subsidised Southern Cross Medical Insurance.
- Staff purchasing benefits
- Hours are Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm.
What you will bring to the role
- A high standard of workmanship.
- You’ll take pride in what you do.
- Clear written & oral communication
- Be Punctual, Reliable, Enthusiastic, with lots of Energy and be a great team player.
If this role sounds like it would suit you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a relevant cover letter.
If you would prefer a confidential discussion, please call the Dan Finlay, Divisional Service Manager at Whitianga on 07 8664134.
- Parts Advisor
- Mount Maunganui
- Full Time
- Automotive Trades (Trades & Services)
Our business is growing and we have the opportunity for a Parts Advisor to join our close-knit parts department, working with our Mt Maunganui team. As a Parts Advisor you will have determination to maximise every opportunity, while providing an exceptional customer experience.
Your great communication skills will be a strength and your professional standards will ensure the team and parts operation continue to excel.
Your day will include and not limited to:
- Parts interpreting and sales
- Promptly attending to customer enquiries
- Ensuring a high level of service is provided to all departments (sales, service and others)
- Admin and paperwork are an integral part of the job, so a very organised and conscientious approach is needed
- Contributing to the overall success of the parts department
The Successful candidate will have:
- Passion for automotive industry
- High attention to detail
- Reliable and trustworthy
- A valid NZ driver’s license
- The Legal right to work in NZ
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is interested in the automotive industry. We are offering you a position with a successful business with great future career potential. We hire internally at all times and a high number of our senior team members have progressed through the company over many years. Ours is a successful, fast growing and changing business which is creating new opportunities every day for our team.
Please note that while experience is preferred it is not essential as full training will be provided.
We encourage all applicants with a keen interest in the automotive industry to apply.
- Trades & Services
- Mount Maunganui
- Permanent / Full Time
Founded in 1991, Farmer Autovillage is a strong and credible company on an exciting journey. We represent 13 brands all under one roof with a state-of-the-art, 10 bay workshop equipped to handle over 150 vehicles per day. Our workshop is a busy and exciting environment, giving you the variety in your role to make the week fly by. You will be able to work within a close team with some of the best international vehicle brands and the latest technology. We will also provide ongoing factory training and progression pathways.
We are currently looking for an experienced qualified technician to join our team. Whether you live locally or looking to relocate for a better lifestyle in the stunning Bay of Plenty, we want to hear from you. We can also work with you on relocation plans.
You will bring to the role:
- Relevant Automotive Qualifications
- Reliable and honest work ethic
- Ability to work well to deadlines and under pressure
- High standard of mechanical workmanship and attention to detail
- A positive attitude to customer service
- A current NZ Driver’s Licence
- Reliable work ethic
- WOF certification is an advantage but not essential
Famer Autovillage Perks
› Join an award-winning team
› Be part of a fast-growing business
› Wide range of career progression opportunities
› Southern Cross Medical Cover
› Join our social club and enjoy quarterly fun events with your team
› Team celebrations
› A supportive team and working environment
› The dealership is a retail environment, however, closed on Sunday for the entire team.